Friday, August 17, 2007

Homesick

Homesick

This boy was at a residential school far from his home. The expression caught my attention. And I was reminded of my childhood. His parents are not so rich but they still managed to see that their child gets an education, even if that meant sending him to another place to study. It is heartening to see cases like these but at the same time disheartening to know that there are no good or for that matter schools in so many Villages across Bihar.
I was 5 when I moved out of home to study in a boarding school. perhaps about the same age as this boy who was from a neighbouring village. I remember being in a similar situation .. with there being no schools in my area..


I was 25 when i decided to move to US for further studies and the memories just come back. The similar feelings of leaving home.. the faces of hopeful and proud parents... the wishes of all.

Memories of Childhood..

No comments: