Friday, May 19, 2006

Adieu East India.. Will be back soon!!

I write this .. on my last day in Bhubaneshwar on this current...
Sometimes i wonder if I will ever be back to this place.. but i have to be here... someday soon.. as I will be definitely be going to the Konark and Puri temples again.

Currently had a chance to go to Kolkata and i simply was amazed at the photographic opportunities that the place provides.

The Victoria memorial at Sunset...An architectural marvel!!!
Victoria Memorial

Its been a great one month here...but at the same time it also fills the heart with grief seeing the poverty around...
I covered some parts of West Bengal and also roamed the areas in and around Bhubaneshwar. Wish I could spend more time with the people here and the kids on the streets.. Orissa being one of the poverty struck state with the natural wrath troubling it all times of the year.. the cyclones, the drought, the floods are really a sorrow site to witness.

3 Kalis and a Shiva!
3 Kalis and a Shiva

I will be back Orissa and West bengal!

No comments: