Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Joy

Joy : Something or someone that provides pleasure; a source of happiness.

Happiness to what one would say??The happiness of the soul that every one is constantly seeking for.There cannot be a greater happiness than the happiness of the soul. And in such conditions no matter how much pain the body or the mind is in ...it goes unnoticed by the pleased soul. Such is the power of the happiness of the soul that all sorrows are forgotten. Smiles galore the individual. This is exactly what happened in the past couple of days.

Having got a holiday on Wednesday on account of Ganesh Chaturthi.. it was our turn to say Ganapati Bappa Mourya!!! and have a good time..! So we did just that on Tuesday .. Played cricket... (not a very good thing to mention in public circles though... with the current performance of our star-studded Indian Cricket team...)

Scenario 1:The batsman was me.. last ball .. runs required six. Pace bowler to send the ball hurling towards me... I try to strike...swinged the bat..a swing that IF connected properly would have indeed send the tennis ball flying high ... But I missed...My team Lost.

Cut to Scenario 2:Fielders on the boundaries... The batsman requires four runs of the last ball to win the match ...I stood there gasping for breath after the ball chase of the previous shot...had saved the boundary on that ocassion... Seemed the batsman understood my situation ... Picked me to play his shot... a well lofted shot over the covers... could i take the catch ...? i ran to my left ... with pain in my knees from the previous dive... as the ball approached me .. I could make out that I could reach it if i gave a dive... The gamble however was whether I go for the catch or let the batsman be content for a single... I decided that was going to be the former...I dived without looking at the condition of the ground beneath...Missed it...!! ball races across the boundary...Damn it...! Hurt myself...Another match lost!!

What pleased my soul was playing cricket after such a long time. The great time that I had was just an evidence of the happiness that the soul was experiencing. I was simply so happy that evening ...that the constant smile on my face could send people thinking ... Whats up with this guy??? Was roaming the streets singings songs loud enough that you could hear it in the peak traffic conditions of Airport road as well!!

What followed after that was the pain...with almost each muscle in my rather slightly overweight body crying to me for attention...But here I was.. it somehow felt like Sweet pain ... and i kinda enjoyed it...
Spend the entire holiday the next day celebrating Ganesh Puja in the bed...with a lot of ahhs and ooohs.. and ouchsss...and reading Dan Brown's Angels and Demons..
In the evening went and spent some time with Ganesh and Shiv ji in the Kemp Fort temple...Pure bliss...

What a nice way to experience Joy!!!Happiness to the sould indeed...!

No comments: